Irfan has a long and proud history of being counsel to charities and not-for-profit organizations of all kinds and sizes, local, national and international.
Irfan has acted for schools, religious groups, service organizations, poverty and emergency relief and development organizations, public and private foundations, cultural groups and professional organizations in matters including the following:
- Corporate law matters, including incorporations, bylaws, amendments, and meeting procedures
- Income tax issues, including charitable registration with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and compliance with CRA requirements
- Board of Director fiduciary duties and governance concerns
- IP/IT matters, including agreements, and trademark registration
- Employment law matters, including human rights
- Fundraising issues
- Compliance with money laundering and anti-terrorism legislation
- Dispute resolution / litigation management
By being creative, understanding and flexible, Irfan can provide tailored solutions to assist clients achieve objectives specific to their particular organizations in accordance with their values and at a reasonable cost that reflects the financial restraints on these groups.